Medical help

If you need urgent medical help, go to A&E or contact your local Sexual Assault Referral Centre (called ‘Havens’ in London). SARCs offer confidential 24-hour sexual health testing, forensic examination and sometimes counselling to anyone of any age who has experienced rape or sexual assault. You can report to the police via a SARC if you want to but you don’t have to. SARCs are open all the time but you usually need to call first, especially at night, to let them know you’re coming.

If you live or are in Greater London, contact one of the Havens at:

Camberwell: 020 3299 1599

Paddington: 020 3312 1101

Whitechapel: 020 7247 4787

To find your local SARC outside London, go to: and search for sexual assault referral centres. This link should take you directly there:

Once on this page, enter your post code and you will be given a list of your local SARCs.